Alliance Anti Trafic (AAT) is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-religious organization that aims to protect women and children in Southeast Asia from sexual exploitation and trafficking. AAT has two regional offices.
The regional office based in Bangkok, Thailand(AAT(Reg. Thai)) protects women and girls from sexual exploitation by rescuing the ones victims out from sexual exploitation. AAT also empowers women and girls for them to become agents of change by protecting others and for them to become economically independent to support their families. AAT also works with law enforcement officers to suppress offenders of sexual exploitation. (AAT(Reg. Thai)) works mainly in Thailand and Laos and has actions in Shan State Myanmar. AAT finally supports in order countries mainly China, Malaysia, South Korea and other parts of the world.
More information about AAT International, including operations in Vietnam, can be found through the AAT International website, through our Facebook page and through Twitter.
AAT ensures victims’ protection and repatriation through its partner organizations in other countries as Cambodia, China, Malaysia and ans South Korea but also in other parts of the World.
We are locally and internationally registered which gives AAT cross-region actioning capability.
- AAT(Reg.Thai) is a regional organization with flexible presence in Thailand, Laos and North Myanmar due to the sensibility of its actions
- AAT has two regional offices one based in Bangkok, Thailand and one in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- AAT is registered locally as a Thai foundation and has an Operational Permit in Laos. AAT is also registered as an international organization in France
- AAT works through an international network mainly in Myanmar, Malaysia, South Korea, and China, but also in South Africa, Taiwan, France and England
AAT is a small courageous and discreet NGO that always deems the best interest of beneficiaries to be their main priority in terms of field action or advocacy. The AAT team are activists committed to protect the rights of their beneficiaries. All reported actions, all stories, all pictures – unless stated otherwise – are from our personal experience in the field.
Focus on the worst cases
Benefiting from built-up trust, we intervene in inextricable conditions where victims have no other possibility to reach protection services.
AAT is innovative
“I am a Khamu ethnic from Laos. I escaped from my house when I learned I was married to a Chinese man. AAT picked me up and found me a job to help support my family.”
We develop pioneer actions to respond to the new situation that have no response like forced marriage.
AAT covers the full process
Our agents of change report to us on cases of victims that we rescue from sexual exploitation. We prosecute offenders, we empower the new rescued victims to be agents of change and economically independent.
We work without borders
The AAT working management is located in Bangkok and then extended in any province or countries as a flexible presence according to the needs of the victims
INFORMATION NOT YET ADDED
RESPECT ⸰ DIGNITY ⸰ INTEGRITY
- We respect the privacy rights of survivors. AAT does not publish personal details, photos or sensitive information relating to an individual, or ongoing cases of victimisation.
- We are compassionate, not pitying. Our purpose is to provide support to survivors and those at risk – we do not benefit from exploiting sad stories.
- We are thankful for your support, and request that you respect our beneficiaries in the same way we do. Please do not request visits to see the survivors, kindly respect their dignity and privacy, and help us to empower them.
- We work with integrity. We will not in any way participate in exploitation. We do not undertake investigative activities that include exploiting victims. Our staff do not tolerate any form of sexual exploitation, including outside of working hours.
- We believe in equality; fair treatment for everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual-orientation, religion. Our stance on this is simple; we do not tolerate discrimination in any form for any reason. Whilst we do not support prostitution in any way, we do not endure prejudice towards women who are or have been involved in it.
- We are honest. We don’t create false hope or empty promises. We aim to be realistic when discussing what we are capable of delivering in terms of working with our beneficiaries, with our partners and with donors.
- We aim to be relevant. There is much media coverage concerning trafficking, and it is in our interest to share information that we feel is reliable and trustworthy.
- We are united. We are proud to collaborate with other organisations, with governments and authorities, with donors and sponsors. Our priority is, and always will be, the best outcome for the women and children we work with.
- We aim to become redundant. Here at AAT we work with local people, government agencies and organisations in the best interests of the women and children we assist. We believe that legal and social protection mechanisms should be locally led, and any NGO support should aim to be temporary and to transfer responsibilities to local people, authorities and groups so they can take over the work and make it sustainable.
INFORMATION NOT YET ADDED
Information to follow